On May 9, 2018, bpv Grigorescu Stefanica will host an insightful discussion on investigations and disputes under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regime.
We do not believe that currently there are business people were not confronted with the spectrum of GDPR, to enter into force on 25 May 2018. The test of compliance – achieved out of the sincere belief in the usefulness of personal data protection laws, or out of the fear of severe sanctions – will be taken by each controller in front of the data subjects, the supervisory authority and, ultimately, in front of the courts of law.
In this context, Daniel Stefanica (Partner, Litigation), Cezara Constantinescu (Senior Associate, Litigation) and Flavius Florea (Senior Associate, CIPP / E, Data Protection, Litigation) and Catalin Grigorescu (Partner), will discuss the ways in which a company can prepare and act in during inspections and disputes related to personal data.
The topics of the discussion will include:
• What are the rights and obligations of the controller during inspections;
• DPA’s rights during inspections;
• What are the main causes that may lead to disputes with the DPA or with data subjects;
• Relevant procedural rules. Administrative litigation and civil litigation;
• Particular issues concerning evidence. Which are the measures a data controller can take to prove compliance with GDPR;
• What are the main challenges for collecting evidence in case of a security incident;
• How to proactively identify incidents within your network.
If you would like to be updated on events we organise, we invite you to subscribe to our newsletter here.