Our firm’s antitrust and merger control practice has earned a strong reputation in Romania. Beyond our national capabilities, our clients appreciate our regional outreach through our bpv LEGAL alliance partners, as well as our ability to take on the most complex EU legal matters relevant for our jurisdictions. Our Brussels office offers the ideal support base for developing multinational competition cases and makes us one of the very few Romanian firms to have on-location EU Law capabilities access to EU regulatory bodies and EU courts, country and regional representation offices and industry representatives.
We assist clients in all aspects of competitions law. Such aspects include, inter alia:
- agreements between competitors
- abusive practices
- antitrust compliance
- antitrust litigation
- cartel prevention and investigation
- distributions systems
- EU procurement and bid rigging
- joint ventures and other cooperation structures
- mergers and acquisitions
- state aid
- trade regulation
In our practice, we place great emphasis on the prevention of anti-competitive practices and often support clients in developing and rolling-out compliance programs or training their staff for dawn raids.
We also encourage early diagnosis of businesses’ compliance with applicable laws. With this in mind, our team has developed a proprietary self-assessment tool that addresses the practical aspects of competition law and helps establish the current compliance status. Please follow this link for downloading the questionnaire quick | CHECK Competition.
Highlights of our work in this area of practice include advising:
- a global advertising and media group on the acquisition of a leading advertising industry player and related cooperation agreements;
- a leading energy services company on dawn raid and investigation by the Romanian competition authority in relation to market sharing agreements;
- a global consultancy company on prevention of cartel activities and bid rigging arrangements;
- a global leader in construction materials on several market dominance issues, market inquiries and industry association issues;
- a leading industrial supply group on proceedings by the competition authority related to alleged market dominance abuses;
- a local leader in food processing on merger control and anti-competitive risk analysis related to the acquisition of trademarks and know-how;
- a global technology group on merger control implications related to carve-out and outsourcing of telecom and IT services business;
- a leading international media and entertainment group on setting-up an exclusive licensing, production and distribution agreement;
- a large power producing company on filing and clearance of state-aid scheme;
- a global leader in communication and security applications on unfair competition matters and litigation.