The lawyers of bpv GRIGORESCU ŞTEFĂNICĂ advise broadly on all aspects of banking law and financing transactions. On the banking side we cover a wide range of regulatory issues, from bank establishment and bank corporate governance to other on-going compliance and regulatory aspects. We also advise on the compliance of various banking products with applicable regulatory constraints. Our lawyers have been involved in shaping up legislation relevant to non-bank financial institutions and we continue to advise leasing and consumer finance companies or divisions on required corporate, compliance or product issues.
On the transactional side our firm has been involved in several significant financing and refinancing transactions, with focus on property portfolios, energy projects and large industrial groups with regional coverage in Central and Eastern Europe. Unique to our practice is our combined legal and tax expertise in leasing and other asset financing products. We have advised on financing transactions in relation to a multitude of classes of assets, including real estate properties, industrial and medical equipment, ships and air crafts, intellectual property or military assets. Significantly, we are one of the few firms to have advised on leasing structures applied to wind parks and photo-voltaic power plants.
In addition, our activity in this practice area is increasingly related to insolvency proceedings of borrowers and guarantors. We assist many financial institutions in insolvency proceedings and – through our related insolvency practice – we act as appointed insolvency administrators.
Highlights of our work in this area of practice include advising:
- a leading regional financial institution in relation to a EUR 40 million office property refinancing;
- one of the largest European property funds in relation to the refinancing of a EUR 150 million logistic and commercial property portfolio;
- a leading financial institution in relation to several transactions for the financing of wind farms;
- a property development company in relation to the refinancing of a EUR 30+ million residential property development facility;
- an oil distribution company in relation to EUR 30 million facility negotiation and refinancing of gas station network development facility;
- a leading European financial institution in relation to a ship financing facility;
- a European financial institution in relation to a EUR 200+ million term facility to an international water services group;
- a leading European project financing institution in relation to a EUR 120+ million financing of railway infrastructure and rolling stock;
- a leading European financial institution in relation to a EUR 100+ million financing of Governmental licence rental agreements;
- a municipal utility company in relation to a EUR 50+ million facility from an international financial institution.