Construction law advice lies at the heart of our projects practice. We have a proven track record in advising developers, project companies, public sector entities, employers, general contractors and subcontractors, suppliers, as well as financiers, insurers and credit agencies on all types of civil engineering works, including infrastructure and utilities projects. They turn to us for our ability not only to diagnose and remedy, but also to properly anticipate problems before they arise. We are trained and highly experienced in dealing with industry standard documentation such as FIDIC agreements and other European national standards. In addition, clients value our tax expertise in connection with complex construction projects, as well as our ability to structure joint ventures and deal with permanent establishment issues.
Our clients rely on us to defend their interests in all types of difficult and disputed matters in regular courts, DRBs, and also before the international courts of arbitration.
Our all-around construction law capabilities are widely recognized by industry insiders and international legal researchers.
Highlights of our work in this area of practice include advising:
- a German construction company on EPC and construction law issues related to railway rehabilitation projects;
- an Austrian construction group on several general contractor agreements based on World-Bank standard documentation;
- a global energy group on complex EPC and construction liability issues related to the development of headquarter building;
- a European retailer on several construction defects claims from international construction company;
- a European steel products company on claims arising from general contractor agreement for the building and commissioning of industrial plant;
- a global industrial group on EPC contract for the refurbishment and extension of a refinery;
a global supplier of industrial gases and engineering group in connection with EPC and supply agreement for air-separation plants;
- a European environmental engineering group in relation to defects liability arising from construction of wind turbine masts;
- a leading international construction group in connection with disputes arising from subcontractor agreements;
- a global leader in cement plant technology, equipment, and services in relation to EPC contract for refurbishment and extension of cement factory.