Our Dispute Resolution practice reaches beyond mere successful litigation, ideally complementing our advisory practice. Our lawyers argue cases in local and appellate courts, all the way to the Supreme Court and Constitutional Court, as well as in foreign and domestic arbitration court. From complex multiparty litigation to straightforward debt recovery cases we tailor the approach to our clients’ needs. The firm handles cases involving voluminous documentation and complex witness interrogation.
Our strong advisory background in commercial, corporate and regulatory matters provides our Dispute Resolution practice with much needed expertise in dealing with a broad range of litigation matters. It enables us to understand and adapt our litigation strategies to achieve outcomes that are as practical and cost effective as possible.
We differentiate from litigation practices of other firms by placing a strong emphasis on administrative litigation, in particular antitrust, public procurement and tax litigation. We have been involved from the beginning of the investment treaty arbitration related to our jurisdiction and maintain a strong focus on international, commercial and investment treaty arbitration.
Highlights of our work in this area of practice include assisting:
- a global supplier of electro-mechanical systems and services for hydro-power plants in connection with claims in excess of EUR 100 million form insolvent power producer;
- a global energy group in connection with disputed matters related to renewable energy developments;
- the Bucharest municipality in connection with EUR 200 million property dispute and several disputes related to municipal infrastructure projects;
- a consortium of global networks, communication and telecom infrastructure companies in connection with EUR 40 million procurement contract;
- a major petroleum company in several multi-million Euro tax litigation matters;
- an international developer in trademark litigation against global retail group;
- a government owned infrastructure administration company in connection with public roads expropriation claims;
- an international pharmaceutical company in capital markets litigation for the cancellation of fraudulent transactions;
- a global leader in fashion retail in blue- and white collar employment litigation procedures;
- an international construction company in litigation with sub-contractors related to road construction projects.
- a duty-free retail group in USD 110 million ICSID arbitration against the Romanian State;
- an international steel producing company in USD 350 million ICSID arbitration against the Romanian State;
- an international contractor for the energy industry in ICC arbitration against principal under EPC contract;
- an international steel company in arbitration against contractor in relation to a steel mill refurbishment agreement;
- a global industrial and technology group in arbitration against governmental entity related to supply, installation and licensing agreement for governmental IT infrastructure;
- an international information technology services company in arbitration against central government authority in connection with health care management systems;
- a private equity fund and property development subsidiary in arbitration related to the termination of anchor lease agreement;
- an oil services company in arbitration against major petroleum company in connection with unpaid fees;
- an international commercial property developer and operator in arbitration against anchor tenant;
- a retail operator in arbitration related to claims arising from privatization of commercial property company;