Today’s marketplace is challenging both employers and employees to find employment schemes that accommodate economic flexibility and maintain the ability to retain the best talent. We counsel businesses and individuals on all aspects of employment relations and provide substantial support to our transactional teams by working closely with our corporate and tax lawyers on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, outsourcing or insolvencies.
Our team’s resources allow us to handle any employment mandate irrespective of its size or complexity. By teaming up with our dispute resolution lawyers, we represent a group with a compelling track record in individual and employment litigation.
In our previous work we have handled massive employment exercises for expanding retail groups, outsourcing projects for global IT companies, employee benefit plans for international industrial groups, middle and senior management trainings for employers of any sizes or collective bargaining negotiations for energy groups with thousands of employees.
Some of our prior work in this area includes:
- large-scale employment exercises
- outsourcing projects
- flexible work programs
- employee benefit plans
- middle and senior management trainings
- collective bargaining negotiations
- house rules and regulations
- complex data protection reviews
- employment tax and social contribution issues
- executive compensation packages
Our team’s lawyers play a central role in establishing positive trends in the Romanian employment regime. We act in leadership positions in several working groups of chambers of commerce and industry associations, which lobby governmental authorities on topics of employment relations and invest a significant amount of time drafting and coordinating legal initiatives of the private sector.
We encourage early diagnosis of businesses’ compliance with applicable laws. With this in mind, our team has developed a proprietary self-assessment tool that addresses practical aspects of employment law and helps establish the current compliance status. Please follow this link for downloading the questionnaires quick CHECK Employment and quick CHECK Personnel Restructuring.
Highlights of our work in this area of practice include advising:
- a leading global fashion retail group on employment matters related to market entry and massive expansion, including hiring campaigns, trainings, internal rules and regulations, dismissals and litigation;
- a leading energy group on corporate reorganization involving employment restructuring, dismissal and outsourcing mechanisms;
- a governmental entity on strategy for employment restructuring in the public sector institutions and implementation of labor adjustment and professional re-qualification programs;
- an employer of 1000+ personnel in the energy sector on the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements;
- an international chemical group on setting up internal rules and regulations and workplace policies;
- a leading food processing company on personnel restructuring process and negotiations of collective bargaining agreement;
- a leading technology company on legal and tax implications of employee stock option plan;
- a global leader in telecommunication networks on legal and tax implications of carve-out and outsourcing transaction;
- an European retail group on disciplinary procedures and on termination of employment due to under-performance or criminal activities;
- a European fashion retail group on legal and tax treatment of benefits in kind, choice of appropriate computing methods for benefits, taxes and social contributions.