Our lawyers advise on complex infrastructure projects across many industry sectors, notably energy, housing, roads and rail, utilities and government facilities, and social infrastructure. Our legal work spans across each project stage, from initial development considerations and evaluation of projects, including a formal legal assessment of the viability and compliance of a proposed undertaking, drafting tender documentation and organizing tender procedures, drafting and negotiating investment and shareholder agreements, financing contracts, construction and concession agreements, to the monitoring of a project’s operational stages.
We have advised on projects for various clients such as project companies, sponsors, commercial and investment banks and multilateral lending institutions, export credit agencies, suppliers, contractors, off-take purchasers and advisors. We act mostly on behalf of private project participants, however, on occasion we also advise the public sector entities or authorities involved.
We are proud of our involvement in many of the railway rehabilitation projects in the country and in the country’s first joint venture for the development, construction and operation of a major conventional power plant. In municipalities we are retained for advisory roles regarding the entire spectrum of water supply and treatment or waste management.
Highlights of our work in this area of practice include advising:
- a leading municipality financing institution on EUR 300+ million facility to government entity for the financing of aviation and rail projects;
- a leading municipality financing institution on financing of projects for rehabilitation of water supply systems of several municipalities;
- a European construction company in connection with the first Romanian project for the rehabilitation of railway, as well as on follow-on projects;
- a global infrastructure group on the acquisition of majority participation in Romanian infrastructure and construction company;
- a global technology and networks company on a nation –wide project for increasing the border control enforcement capacity to Schengen standards;
- a national road administration and construction authority in disputes related to expropriation of land of the construction of public roads;
- an international financial institution on regulatory and transactional aspects related to a EUR 30 million facility to municipal district heating company;
- a leading local utility company on procurement, regulatory and contract issues related to municipality waste management activities;
- a global player in water management, recycling branches and bio-industry on the proposed acquisition of leading local waste management and recycling company;
- an international water treatment solutions company in relation to several municipal and private plant projects.