Our experience in mergers and acquisitions recommends us as deal-oriented lawyers with an in-depth understanding of the complexities of the market and legal systems that we operate in. Our multidisciplinary approach to M&A transactions is an additional benefit for our clients. We have the required expertise in capital markets, tax, finance, employment, intellectual property, environment, as well as merger control and acquisition finance that enables us to add value to the transactional support we provide.
Possessing a thorough understanding of our clients’ business is a top priority in our work. This enables us to provide not only specialized legal advice but entire legal project management by ensuring coordination between the client and other consultants advising on different aspects of the transactions.
In practice, we often act as local counsels for multi-jurisdictional transactions. Thus we are well acquainted with the unavoidable challenges to manage teams and accommodate various national requirements. For this reason, we take an anticipative approach to dealing with local jurisdiction issues and facilitate the timely completion of matters for international counsels with the least possible burden on the project.
Highlights of our work in this area of practice include advising:
- a global media and advertising group in relation to a transaction with a local leader in advertising, media and communication services;
- the local leader in retail marketing services in relation to the sale of participation to a global in-store merchandising group;
- an Australian exploration group in connection with the acquisition of oil and gas fields in Romania;
- a specialty medical practice in relation to the sale of participation to a private equity fund;
- a private equity fund in relation to reorganization and sale of participation in local investments in services and utility businesses;
- a European trading group in connection with the merger of fruit business with a regional fruit concentrate business;
- a private equity fund in relation to the acquisition of major regional electronics and consumer goods retailer;
- the local leader in telecom and utility payment services in connection with the acquisition by a leading European specialist payments company;
- an international mining group on the proposed acquisition of one of the largest non-ferrous mines in Europe;
- a European leader in energy reading services for the acquisition of local leader in utility metering services.