We are a full-service real estate practice with a reputation for excellence. Our primary strengths lie in the commercial and industrial property sectors with an emphasis on office developments, logistics and industrial premises.
Over time we have also advised on the most advantageous transaction structures from legal, tax and business perspectives related to many other types of properties, including retail, hotel, residential, mixed-use or timber and agricultural land.
In our work we deal primarily with:
- development and disposition
- joint ventures
- portfolio restructuring
- property acquisition
- property financing
- property management
The combination of legal and tax advise proves to be a success throughout our entire practice, therefore the tax structuring services are an essential part of our real estate practice. Our capability in the property sector is truly multidisciplinary and combines financing, corporate and capital markets, taxation, environment, labor safety, zoning and planning and construction.
One of our greatest strengths resides in real estate litigation. We provide the best possible strategic and tactical advice to complement a determined and exemplary court representation. We have been involved in numerous restitution cases and litigated before all national courts and the European Court of Human Rights. We have abundant experience in disputes arising from distressed situations and are presently involved in the most prominent property litigation case of the recent years, involving private parties, banks and municipalities.
Highlights of our work in this area of practice include advising:
- a municipality in relation to a large property swap transaction with leading financial institution;
- a global property asset manager and real estate fund in relation to refinancing of EUR 100+ million property portfolio;
- a global energy group in relation to a built-to-lease project for the company’s headquarters;
- a regional property developer and financial institution in connect with mixed sky-rise and commercial property development;
- a European DIY-group in connection with the acquisition of sites and development of several retail units;
- a leading European financial institution in connection with the restructuring and refinancing of prominent residential property development;
- a leading European real estate developer in connection with the review of commercial property portfolio of EUR 1 billion and review of prospectus;
- a leading European real estate investment company on structuring aspect and zoning issues related to a EUR 200 million office development;
- a commercial property developer and owner in connection with the restructuring and refinancing of shopping malls;
- a European property fund in connection with the acquisition of a European industrial group in connection with the acquisition of sites and development of several industrial manufacturing plants.