Make things happen. Do them well and do them fast.
Alexandru Rusu is a founding partner of the firm, who is experienced in corporate transactions, mergers & acquisitions, and insolvency projects. He is the head of the firm’s corporate practice and is qualified as an insolvency practitioner.
Alexandru has particular expertise in taxation-driven corporate reorganisation and specialises in advising companies in the technology, media and telecommunications sectors. In the course of his practice, he has successfully contributed to the completion of many M&A transactions and has advised large international clients in various industries on complex intra-group reorganisation projects.
He is also a recognized insolvency practitioner. He has given advice to major creditors in most of the largest recent insolvency proceedings in Romania. To this end he has represented his clients both in transaction negotiations and before the bankruptcy judge when the middle ground could not be reached by the parties.
Alexandru co-founded Fractal Insolvency, a specialized insolvency administration practice that handles complex bankruptcy procedures and caters to the needs of sophisticated local and international creditors.
Bucharest Bar Association
National Insolvency Practitioners Association of Romania
International Bar Association
LanguagesRomanian , English ,
- University of Bucharest - Bachelor of Law degree
- Advising one of the world’s leading growers and seed producers, with core markets in Europe, North and South America and China, on various legal aspects related to its current activity, including the insolvency proceedings in which they are acting as a creditor, as well as the review of contracts, advice on corporate and insolvency matters.
- Advising and representing the world leader in lighting products, systems and services, serving both professional and consumer markets in numerous files of insolvency or reorganisation procedure for recovering significant debts.
- Advising and representing a prominent supplier of internal logistics systems and solutions, one of the leading suppliers of forklift trucks, platform trucks and tractors on insolvency proceedings matters.
- Advising and representing a company active in the field of manufacture of other specialized machinery and equipment in insolvency proceedings and in front of civil courts for the recovery of claims against its debtors.
- Advising and representing a leading steel-based technology and capital goods group that operates worldwide before the Court in various cases in which different companies’ part of the company group are acting as creditors.
- Advising and representing a road transport company in connection with a wide range of legal matters related to insolvency and debt collection.
- Advising and representing, as judicial liquidator, a prominent player in meat industry in various large insolvency proceedings.
- Advising and representing a Romanian company building, delivering and assembling complex metallic structures applicable in the energy, in the reorganization proceedings, and also in front of civil court for recovering claims against its debtors.
- Advising and representing a company active in the field of security and protection in all insolvency proceedings and litigation files.
- Advising a top creditor in the highest-profile insolvency case in Romania to date, including representation over the unilateral termination of EUR 75 million additional acts to the contract.
- Advising a multinational information technology service and consulting company, with a worldwide presence, in relation to various aspects regarding the merger operations, considering its decision to merge two of its local subsidiaries in Romania.
- Advising and representing a large infrastructure company in intricate commercial, criminal and tax litigation files.
- Advising and representing an important construction company in its efforts to reorganize its business.
Array (  => 4456  => 4226  => 720  => 9812 )
New rules regarding the Romanian fiscal yearDownload PDF
Amendment of the Fiscal CodeDownload PDF
33 Dionisie Lupu Street, RO-020021 Bucharest