Anca is a founding partner of the firm and heads the firm’s Employment & Benefits and Tax Practice groups.
Her practice includes advising companies operating in sectors such as TMT, life sciences, retail, automotive & manufacturing, financial services, energy, real-estate and construction.
Anca has been involved in complex transactions requiring a multidisciplinary approach and she has advised extensively on tax, employment, and corporate and finance restructuring of cross-border transactions. Her practice also covers the development and implementation of corporate reorganisation schemes including outsourcing transactions and transfers of undertakings.
Anca regularly advises companies on all ongoing aspects of individual and collective labour law. She frequently supports clients with regard to senior executive contracts, non-executive arrangements, related corporate governance issues and contractual documentation, cross-border secondments, dual contracts, protection of confidential information, whistleblowing policies, privacy, and discrimination issues. She works closely with clients with advice in matters such as dismissal procedures, senior-management restructurings, collective redundancies, the establishment of employee representative bodies, collective consultation, trade-union relations, and union recognition/de-recognition matters. Anca also advises companies on stock option plans, incentive arrangements, employee share plans, and remuneration issues, as well as a wide range of senior-management and employee tax issues.
Anca’s in-depth knowledge of taxation issues, combined with over 20 years of experience, adds immense value to her legal advice, especially given that she provides comprehensive tax-structuring advice whenever required by the specifics of individual transactions. She supports clients regarding transactional tax aspects, tax structuring for future investments, and presale tax restructuring and optimisation. She has particular expertise in international cash management, thin capitalisation, and transfer pricing.
Another particular focus of Anca’s practice lies in asset and corporate financing, with a special emphasis on energy and real-estate projects.
Anca’s professional activity includes participation in various legislative committees for tax and employment law amendments. She has been at the forefront of the efforts of the Romanian business community to improve the Labour Code and related regulations.
As a multi-mandate chairperson of the AmCham Labour Committee, Anca has chaired many consultation meetings with central-government bodies, authorities and business community leaders.
She currently remains the chairwoman of this committee and leads the organisation’s initiatives on labour regulations.
Anca is a frequent speaker at conferences and various industry meetings and regularly contributes to international and local tax, legal, and business journals on Employment, Taxation, Investment Structuring and Financing issues.
Bucharest Bar Association
LanguagesRomanian , English , German ,
- University of Bremen (Germany) - Master’s degree in European Law (LL.M.Eur)
- University of Bucharest - Bachelor of Law degree
- Advising a Fortune Global 500 company on tax aspects in connection with the acquisition of a major provider of hardware and software;
- Advising a leading energy provider in relation to tax aspects of the group restructuring at international level and of activities’ out-sourcing;
- Advising a leading international dairy producer regarding tax aspects of insourcing transaction;
- Advising a leading petroleum company in relation to complex spin-off and outsourcing of the IT and services department and set-up of corporate structures and agreements;
- Advising a utility company in relation to taxation issues related to the development of utility infrastructure;
- Advising a major project development company in view of tax aspects of reorganization of projects and sale of participation in office and commercial property companies;
- Advising a global retail player in connection with setting up tax structure for a retail park development;
- Advising an international financing institution in connection with refinancing of EUR 100m+ secured financing of railway infrastructure;
- Advising a global high-tech producer and in view of structuring and implementing an international employee stock option plan; implementing of a short-term monitoring system for employees using specifically-designed software, following the suspected theft of proprietary data;
- Advising a leading international media player in view of restructuring of employees of all business units and reorganization of their employment relations as part of the largest restructuring exercise in the media sector in Romania;
- Advising a major global pharma player in view of implementing whistleblowing platform and compliance procedures;
- Advising a leading energy provider regarding collective negotiations with unions and representatives of 14,000 + employees, group restructuring and successive transfers of employees as a consequence of successive transfers of undertakings, businesses or parts of undertakings or businesses, outsourcing of employees;
- Advising a major international IT company for collective negotiations and in view of managing conflict with Union at industry level;
- Advising a major international construction supplier regarding technical unemployment and related collective negotiations;
- Advising a major global outsourcing company regarding business transfer;
Array (  => 6506  => 6424  => 694  => 709  => 688  => 685  => 2145  => 3254  => 3313  => 3726  => 3819  => 3986  => 5046  => 5782  => 9816  => 9914  => 9918  => 9818  => 9822  => 9826 )