Cătălin is the firm’s managing partner. He advises on a wide range of international corporate transactions, corporate financing, and energy and infrastructure projects. He leads the firm’s transactional and TMT practices, and holds a qualification as insolvency practitioner.
In addition to his management responsibilities in the firm, Cătălin regularly advises on all types of corporate and corporate-financing transactions, as well as on corporate governance matters. He has particular expertise in corporate reorganisations, combining legal and tax knowledge with business acumen. His industry expertise covers digital and industrial technology, financial services, industrial manufacturing, and energy and utilities.
Cătălin has led the firm’s TMT practice into the top tier of technology practices in Romania. Part of his work involves advising global digital and industrial technology companies, along with prominent-growth and start-up companies on VC and M&A transactions, and on commercial and regulatory matters in Romania and regionally.
He is one of the most reputable competition practitioners in Romania, whose practice focuses on antitrust compliance, distribution systems, horizontal cooperation, cartel prevention and investigation, and private enforcement. He holds a Master’s degree in European competition law and has authored several publications on competition law in Romania and abroad.
Over the years Cătălin has held various non-executive management or supervisory board positions in listed companies and in non-profit organizations.
Bucharest Bar Association
International Bar Association
National Insolvency Practitioners Association of Romania
Turnaround Management Association
LanguagesRomanian , English , German ,
- University of Bremen (Germany) - Master of European Law (LL.M.Eur)
- IE’s Lawyers Management Program - Madrid and London
- University of Bucharest - Bachelor of Law degree
- Advising a global internet and technology giant on corporate, commercial, product and regulatory matters in Romania
- Advising an international financial group in connection with the acquisition of a bank and financial services group
- Advising a VC fund focusing on digital technology in connection with Series B investment in a banking solutions start-up
- Advising a prominent Romanian software development company in relation to investment by the region’s leading e-commerce platform
- Assisting an international food-processing company in the reorganisation of its Romanian group subsidiaries and activities
- Advising the leading Romanian fintech platform on VC funding and in relation to shareholder relations and commercial matters
- Providing advice and support to a leading manufacturer of construction materials manufacturer in connection with several acquisitions in Romania
- Advising a medical software developer concerning the expansion and distribution to Western Europe and Latin America
- Advising a global manufacturer of commercial vehicles on private cartel claims
- Acting for an energy company in the matter of cartel investigations and subsequent litigation
Array (  => 4248  => 702  => 726  => 10453 )