Cătălin is the firm’s managing partner. He advises on a wide range of international corporate transactions, corporate financing, and energy and infrastructure projects. He leads the firm’s transactional and TMT practices, and holds a qualification as insolvency practitioner.
In addition to his management responsibilities in the firm, Cătălin regularly advises on all types of corporate and corporate-financing transactions, as well as on corporate governance matters. He has particular expertise in corporate reorganisations, combining legal and tax knowledge with business acumen. His industry expertise covers digital and industrial technology, financial services, industrial manufacturing, and energy and utilities.
Cătălin has led the firm’s TMT practice into the top tier of technology practices in Romania. Part of his work involves advising global digital and industrial technology companies, along with prominent-growth and start-up companies on VC and M&A transactions, and on commercial and regulatory matters in Romania and regionally.
He is one of the most reputable competition practitioners in Romania, whose practice focuses on antitrust compliance, distribution systems, horizontal cooperation, cartel prevention and investigation, and private enforcement. He holds a Master’s degree in European competition law and has authored several publications on competition law in Romania and abroad.
Over the years Cătălin has held various non-executive management or supervisory board positions in listed companies and in non-profit organizations.
Bucharest Bar Association
International Bar Association
National Insolvency Practitioners Association of Romania
Turnaround Management Association
LanguagesRomanian , English , German ,
- IE Business School, Madrid and London - IE’s Lawyers Management Program
- University of Bremen (Germany) - Master of European Law (LL.M.Eur)
- University of Bucharest - Bachelor of Law degree
- Advising a creative service platform developed by a Romanian-based company in connection with a financing round of EUR 600,000 led by an existing investor.
- Advising a London-based venture capital firm investing in the European technology sector, one of the most active venture capital companies in Europe, in connection with its Series B lead investment of EUR 25 million in the digital banking and insurance platform.
- Advising an American multinational technology company that focuses on search engine technology, online advertising, cloud computing, and computer software on all matters relating to IP, product compliance and regulatory, commercial advice, and privacy and data protection.
- Advising a world leader in semiconductor solutions in relation to a legal assessment regarding the patent remuneration procedure for job-related inventions created by employees in Romania.
- Advising the shareholders of a recognized IT leader in the Romanian industry in connection with the share purchase and investment transaction through which an independent private equity fund manager acquired a 55% shareholding in the business, as well as in connection with the acquisition of the Romanian-based integrated software solutions provider.
- Advising the Romanian tech start-up providing fast delivery solutions for companies in the retail and e-commerce industry, its co-founders and a EUR 50 million venture capital fund that invests in technology companies in relation to the investment by one of the leading independent private equity fund managers investing in Central Europe.
- Advising a leading company in transport logistics in relation to compliance with the provisions of the GDPR.
- Advising the Romanian branch of a global leader in optical lenses in relation to their distribution agreement with their most prominent distribution partner in Romania and Albania.
- Advising the global life insurance company in relation to all the legal matters related to its investment in Romania in order to outsource its IT matters in Romania and employ Romanian citizens specialized, as well as in relation to its investment in a UK-based developer, owner and operator of large-scale renewable energy projects and the acquisition of 1GWh+ wind energy projects in Romania.
- Advising a company active in the fintech space in all the legal steps following the representation of a publicly traded European VC firm in their lead USD 60 million Series B investment.
- Advising a private equity investment fund dedicated to accelerating the growth of small and medium enterprises in relation to the acquisition of a 70% shareholding interest in the largest Romanian manufacturer of puzzles and children’s games.
- Advising the management of the largest Romanian corporate travel agency on the MBO transaction whereby the CEO and a minority shareholder of the company acquired 100% of the shares of the travel agency.
- Advising a leading Northern European private equity firm on the transaction involving the acquisition of a leading international WMS/logistics software and solutions vendor.
Array (  => 4248  => 702  => 726  => 10453 )