Daniel Ştefănică heads the dispute resolution practice of the firm. He has a wealth of experience in private domestic and international litigation and arbitration, including ICC and ICSID arbitration, as one of the lawyers to have been involved the first ICSID cases against Romania. He also has substantial experience in energy and natural resources.
Daniel has experience in advising power companies, owners, developers and off-takers on investment and operations in power-generation capacities, power grids, renewable energy projects and emissions-trading-scheme transactions. His expertise extends to the public sector, advising both private sector and state-owned institutions on public procurement of work and goods, concessions and PPPs, utilities, and system assets.
In addition, Daniel advises both domestic and international clients on taxation matters such as avoidance of double taxation, tax structures, and transfer pricing issues. He also assists issuers and underwriters in the sale of equity and debt securities in both public and private offerings, particularly municipal bond issuance.
Daniel maintains strong working relationships with associations of private investors as well as with government bodies and representatives with responsibilities in the energy, infrastructure and environment sectors.
Bucharest Bar Association
LanguagesRomanian , English ,
- University of Bucharest - Bachelor of Law degree
- Representing an international construction company in procurement litigation procedures for the railway works of Pan-European Corridor IV
- Representing a Japanese construction company in disputes with its partner in a consortium for infrastructure construction works
- Representing the Municipality of Bucharest in several high-profile litigation cases
- Advising a global- leader in the oil & gas sector specialised in the operation and upgrading of several mature onshore exploration fields
- Representing a major architecture firm in Romania in procurement litigation related to the restoration, upgrading and further development of the Romanian National Museum of History