Daniel Ştefănică heads the dispute resolution practice of the firm. He has a wealth of experience in private domestic and international litigation and arbitration, including ICC and ICSID arbitration, as one of the lawyers to have been involved the first ICSID cases against Romania. He also has substantial experience in energy and natural resources.
Daniel has experience in advising power companies, owners, developers and off-takers on investment and operations in power-generation capacities, power grids, renewable energy projects and emissions-trading-scheme transactions. His expertise extends to the public sector, advising both private sector and state-owned institutions on public procurement of work and goods, concessions and PPPs, utilities, and system assets.
In addition, Daniel advises both domestic and international clients on taxation matters such as avoidance of double taxation, tax structures, and transfer pricing issues. He also assists issuers and underwriters in the sale of equity and debt securities in both public and private offerings, particularly municipal bond issuance.
Daniel maintains strong working relationships with associations of private investors as well as with government bodies and representatives with responsibilities in the energy, infrastructure and environment sectors.
Bucharest Bar Association
LanguagesRomanian , English ,
- University of Bucharest - Bachelor of Law degree
- Representing a major construction company in Romania in several court proceedings related to public procurement matters regarding the cancellation of a public procurement award.
- Representing one of the major players in the tickets for employees` market before the courts and in negotiations regarding a possible settlement concerning former employees.
- Representing an important international courier services in Romania, and one of the main players in the industry, in relation to an internal restructuring process.
- Representing a global leader in cross-border P2P payments and money transfers before the courts and further concluding a settlement agreement in order to amicably settle litigation.
- Representing a credit insurer that operates worldwide regarding a strategy for the termination of the employee’s contracts, taking into account the risks in relation to the necessity/opportunity of the restructuring.
- Representing one of the most important companies in the railway construction industry before the courts of law in all phases of the litigation related to a public tender having as object execution works for railways.
- Representing the Romanian subsidiary of the American outsourcing services provider before the courts of law during the entire procedure to recover the value of the social health insurance benefits.
- Representing the pioneer neutral telecom infrastructure operator in Romania, providing bandwidth infrastructure services in court proceedings related to leasing agreements.
- Representing the German multinational company that manufactures and retails personal-care products and pressure-sensitive adhesives in a wide range of dispute resolution and employment matters related to internal restructuring.
- Representing a company with a century presence in the insurance field in contentious matters related to material/moral damages claims arising from moral harassment on behalf of a former employee.
- Advising and representing a prominent player in the field of pharmaceuticals and life sciences, developing in vitro diagnostics screening devices and kits before the court of law in the dispute regarding the payment of the unpaid invoices representing tests and an automatic Covid test packaging machine.
- Representing one of the leading international providers of commercial vehicles concerning defence against private damages claims potentially deriving from competition law infringements.
- Representing the Romanian subsidiary of an Italian multinational transport vehicle manufacturing company in court proceedings related to a public procurement procedure initiated by the Romanian Ministry of Defence.