Iulia is a managing associate in the firm, dealing with matters involving tax law, public procurement, competition and labour law. She is also involved in commercial projects and natural-resources projects, mainly in the oil & gas industry.
Iulia advises clients on the fiscal implications of transactions in which they are involved and offers support during tax audits and during any subsequent procedures or court litigation challenging the results of such audits. She has acquired vast experience in dealing with complex projects for large local and international clients, including transactional tax-structuring projects.
Iulia is well-versed in handling large public-sector projects and has advised clients in various stages of the procedures on the award of public procurement contracts, both on the public and private sides. She is also involved in proceedings for challenging public procurement procedures in administrative and court litigation.
Her work experience also covers assistance on competition matters, having advised clients with investigations by the Romanian Competition Council, including dawn raids, as well as in relation to antitrust compliance and the prevention of anti-competitive behaviour.
She is, in addition, involved in a wide variety of projects in the area of labour law, ranging from those relating to general compliance rules in the field, to projects concerning personnel restructuring or transfers of undertakings.
In the above-mentioned areas, Iulia regularly holds training sessions for the employees of client companies, so as to help them strengthen their internal teams through a better understanding of the regulations and through being able to identify, overcome and avoid exposure to the risk of negative legal consequences.
She is skilled in drafting proposals for the amendment of legislation, having been involved in the development and implementation of the Romanian legal framework relating to taxation, competition, public procurement, and other areas.
Iulia has published several articles on taxation, public procurement, employment, competition and other matters, both in local and international legal publications.
Bucharest Bar Association
LanguagesRomanian , English ,
- University of Bucharest - Master’s Degree in Labour Law, Labour and Industrial Relationships
- University of Bucharest - Bachelor of Law degree
- Bucharest University of Economic Studies, Faculty of International Business and Economics - Economics Degree
- Advising a global leader in building materials and infrastructure solutions in a transaction-structuring project for the reorganisation of a group of companies
- Successfully representing a leading railway infrastructure company in the awarding of multi-million Euro public procurement contracts
- Advising a world leader in technology on the implementation of the managed treasury function at company group level
- Acting for a leading energy service provider in a market-sharing cartel investigation, during dawn raids and subsequent proceedings before the Romanian authorities
- Assisting with risk mitigation and identification arising from potential actions in Romania following the uncovering of a significant European cartel case
- Advising on a multi-million-Euro EU-financing contract, including organising and carrying out related tenders
- Advising on the purchase and sale of participation interests in petroleum concessions, as well as in relation to establishing relevant remuneration and royalties
- Assisting in a complex reorganisation process involving large-scale redundancies
Array (  => 4248  => 7311  => 6843  => 9812  => 9822  => 9868  => 9872  => 9914 )