Nicolae is a managing associate in our Real Estate, Energy and Procurement practices. He has extensive experience in advising local and international clients in complex real-estate transactions. His recent work has focused on all types of commercial and industrial property development, as well as energy, including cogeneration and renewable energy, mining and other projects with significant impact on the environment.
The range of Nicolae’s expertise includes conducting complex due diligence exercises, assisting clients on regulatory matters and negotiating commercial contracts, along with all subsequent phases of projects through to completion and disposition. Many of the more sophisticated projects he has been involved in required his expertise in M&A, corporate reorganization, corporate and project financing, joint ventures, infrastructure, public procurement, concessions, and public-private partnerships.
Nicolae has been actively involved in specialized committees of the American Chamber of Commerce in Romania (AmCham) and is currently involved in providing support and expertise in AmCham’s initiatives in relation to infrastructure projects, PPPs and public procurement. Nicolae was Vice-president of AmCham’s Infrastructure & PPP Committee for a total of four years, from 2012 to 2015 and again in 2017 – 2018.
Nicolae has also been involved as a trainer on the legal protection of biodiversity in the “National awareness campaign on the importance of biodiversity conservation through Natura 2000 network in Romania”, a project initiated in 2012 by the National Centre for Sustainable Development Foundation.
Bucharest Bar Association
LanguagesRomanian , English ,
- University of Bucharest - Master’s degree in European Business Laws (LL.M.Eur)
- University of Bucharest - Bachelor of Law degree
- Advising a major DIY operator in the sale of property to a commercial center developer and in related agreements
- Advising international DIY retailer on the acquisition of several properties for the development of retail centers throughout Romania
- Advising a major Austrian real-estate developer and asset manager in the acquisition of a Romanian real-estate development vehicle and further development
- Advising a major Austrian Bank in the restructuring of a development loan granted to an international development group
- Advising a Luxembourg-based investment fund in the acquisition of three production and logistics centers
- Advising an Austrian property developer in the negotiation and sale of commercial real-estate developments in Bucharest
- Assisting a leading international technology and capital goods group in extending its steel-processing facilities in Romania
- Advising a US-based automotive and industrial supplier in establishing a production facility in the western part of Romania
Array (  => 676  => 665  => 4610  => 2904  => 5802  => 9878  => 9882 )