The GDPR revolution in healthcare8 September 2017
bpv Grigorescu Stefanica together with AmCham Romania will host a thoughtful discussion on September 26, 2017, between 15:00 and 17:00, on the issues that will have the biggest impact on the healthcare sector after the adoption of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in May 2018.
The main topics will cover:
- The main requirements introduced by GDPR – the processing of special categories of personal data (genetic data, data concerning health etc.);
- Scope of the GDPR – obligations imposed on both EU and non-EU healthcare organizations;
- Principles of data processing – strict requirements applicable to data concerning health and other special categories of personal data;
- Requirements for valid consent. Other grounds for processing special categories of personal data;
- Conditions and necessity of a data privacy impact assessment. Ensuring the security of personal data;
- Risks and sanctions for non-compliance with the GDPR;
- The European Commission’s proposal regarding healthcare in the context of the Digital Single Market strategy. Protection of personal data in the era of digital health services;
- The future of healthcare under the new data protection regime – balancing patients’ rights to accessible and cost-efficient healthcare with the restrictive obligations under GDPR.
Speakers: Cristina Randjak, Managing Associate and Flavius Florea, Senior Associate
Participation is open to AmCham Romania members, free of charge, based on prior confirmation online here.