The events of the last financial crisis started a wave of transformation in the financial services sector. Increased regulation, a need for restructuring, and consolidation in the sector all continue to pose complex problems for incumbent players. At the same time, new innovative players in the banking and insurance sectors are increasingly successful in challenging traditional financial-services models.
Our team advises on all aspects of banking law and financial transactions. On the banking side, we cover a wide range of regulatory and transactional issues, from the establishment and acquisition of bank and their corporate governance to compliance and regulatory aspects. We also advise on the compliance of various banking solutions with applicable regulatory constraints. With the support of our technology practice, we advise fintech entrepreneurs and forward-looking financial institutions in the design, marketing and implementation of their solutions, whether as an alternative to traditional models or a complementary solution.
On the transactional side, our firm is involved in significant financing, refinancing and financial restructuring transactions, with a focus on property portfolios, energy projects and large industrial groups with regional coverage in Central and Eastern Europe. Indeed, an increasing part of our workload in the financial area is related to insolvency proceedings against borrowers and guarantors. We assist many financial institutions in insolvency proceedings and – through our related insolvency practice – we act as appointed insolvency administrators.Highlights of our work Read more
- Advising a consortium of international banks on the restructuring of a EUR 135-million facility for an international industrial group
- Advising a leading fintech platform provider on regulatory matters and on the setting-up of licensing and user documentation along with a distribution network
- Advising a European financial group on the acquisition of a bank and financial-services group
- Advising a group of borrowers on the EUR 55-million refinancing of a property portfolio
- Advising a leading US supply-chain financier on market entry regulatory aspects of its digital platform
- Representing a large regional bank in disputes over consumer loan provisions
- Advising to the founders of the second largest cryptocurrency by market capitalisation in connection with the regulatory regime on the issuance and trading of cryptocurrency
- Advising one of the Europe’s largest property funds on the refinancing of a EUR 150-million logistic and commercial property portfolio
- Advising a leading European project-financing institution in relation to a EUR 120-million financing of railway infrastructure and rolling stock
- Advising an oil distribution company in the negotiation and refinancing of a EUR 30-million gas-station network development facility