We advise on complex infrastructure projects across many industry sectors, notably roads and railways, energy, housing, utilities, and government facilities and social infrastructure. Our legal work spans all project stages, from initial development considerations and evaluation of projects – including a formal legal assessment of the viability and compliance of a proposed undertaking – through the drafting of tender documentation and organization of tender procedures, to the drafting and negotiation of investment and shareholder agreements, financing contracts, and construction and concession agreements, together with the monitoring of the project’s operational stages.
We have provided advice on projects to project companies, sponsors, commercial and investment banks and multilateral lending institutions, export credit agencies, suppliers, contractors, off-take purchasers, and advisers. Mostly, however, we act on behalf of private project participants, although on occasion we also advise the public sector entities or authorities involved.
We are proud of our involvement in many of the railway upgrading projects in the country and in the country’s first joint venture for the development, construction and operation of a major conventional power plant. In certain municipalities, we are retained for advisory and dispute representation roles across the entire spectrum of municipal infrastructure, including roads, lighting, water supply, and the treatment or waste management.Highlights of our work Read more
- Representing a Japanese construction company in a dispute with a consortium partner in a road construction project
- Advising a leading municipality financing institution on a EUR 300-million facility to a government entity for the financing of aviation and rail projects
- Advising a leading municipality financing institution on the financing of projects for the upgrading of water supply systems in several municipalities
- Advising a European construction company in connection with several railway upgrading projects, and representation in various public-procurement procedures and disputes
- Advising a global infrastructure group on the acquisition of majority participation in a Romanian infrastructure and construction company
- Advising a global technology and networks company in a nationwide project for increasing border-control enforcement capacity to Schengen standards
- Representing a national road-administration and construction authority in disputes related to the expropriation of land for the construction of public roads
- Advising an international financial institution on the regulatory and transactional issues related to a EUR 30-million facility to a municipal heating company
- Advising a leading local utilities company on the procurement, regulatory and contract issues related to municipal waste-management activities
- Advising a global player in water management, recycling branches and the bio-industry in the proposed acquisition of a leading local waste-management and -recycling company
- Advising an international water-treatment solutions company in relation to several municipal and private plant projects