We operate a full-service real estate practice with a reputation for excellence. Although our primary strengths lie in the commercial and industrial property sectors with an emphasis on office developments, logistics, and industrial premises, we deal with all types of property, including retail, hotel, residential, mixed-use, and timber and agricultural land.
In our work, we deal primarily with property acquisitions, development and sale, together with zoning and permits, construction, leases and concessions, financing, property management, portfolio restructuring, taxation, and litigation.
Our ability to offer a combination of legal and tax advice has proven to be a success throughout the firm’s entire practice. We take the same approach to real estate and make tax structuring and tax litigation an essential part of our real-estate practice. Our capability in the property sector is truly multidisciplinary and combines financing, corporate and capital markets, taxation, environment, labour safety, zoning, and planning and construction.
One of our greatest strengths lies in real-estate litigation. We provide the best possible strategic and tactical advice to complement determined and exemplary court representation. We have been involved in numerous restitution cases and have litigated in all national courts and the European Court of Human Rights. We have abundant experience in disputes arising from distressed situations and are currently involved in the most prominent property litigation case of recent years, involving private parties, banks and municipalities.Highlights of our work Read more
- Advising a European DIY-group in the acquisition of sites and development of several retail units
- Advising the leading regional logistics developer in the acquisition, financing and refinancing of several sites and logistical properties
- Advising a municipality in a large property-swap transaction with a leading financial institution
- Advising a global property asset manager and real-estate fund in the refinancing of a EUR 100-million property portfolio
- Advising a leading European property group in the acquisition of a CEE competitor
- Supporting a leading European real-estate developer in connection with the review of a commercial property portfolio worth EUR one billion together with its prospectus
- Acting for a global energy group in relation to a built-to-lease project for the company’s headquarters
- Advising a regional property developer and financial institution in connection with a mixed sky-rise and commercial property development
- Advising a leading European financial institution in connection with the restructuring and refinancing of a prominent residential property development
- Advising a leading European real-estate investment company on structuring and zoning issues in a EUR 200-million office development
- Advising a commercial property developer in connection with the restructuring and refinancing of shopping malls
- Advising a European property fund in the acquisition of sites and the development of several industrial manufacturing plants